Last December, Mexico’s tax administration, the SAT, published the Miscellaneous Fiscal Resolution (RMF) for 2018, which meets the general rules stipulated by the tax authorities, in the Federation’s Official Gazette.
These are some of the most important transitional provisions that taxpayers should pay attention to:
- April 1, 2018: This is the deadline to present the CFDIs that refer to the sale of gasoline and diesel for the period from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
- June 30, 2018: Until this date, the registration in a CFDI of a key unit of measure, a product key or a service that does not correspond to the products or services or the invoice’s unit of measure shall not be considered a violation provided that the aforementioned product, service or unit of measure is described correctly in “Description”, “Quantity” and “Unit” fields of the CFDI.
- July 1, 2018: The rules of revocation of the authorization as PAC will apply to those suppliers that certify a CFDI that does not have the version of the standard under which the document is expressed and/or that its complements are not found.
- July 1, 2018: The CFDI cancellation operation may be carried out as of this date with the rules set forth.
- September 1, 2018: Mandatory use of the Electronic Payment Receipt. Taxpayers have until August 31, 2018 to choose to issue CFDIs using version 3.3 of Annex 20 without incorporating the complement for receiving payments.
On the other hand, no dates exist for when the following updates will go into effect.
- The inclusion of key “Intermediary payments”: The forms of payment catalog will be updated to include the key “intermediary payments” for example PayPal or MoneyPool.
- A specific complement to include the tax identification number of the information technology recipients residing abroad. Meanwhile taxpayers will continue to incorporate this number into the CFDIs that correspond with the “Fiscal Legends Supplement.”
- Complement Consortium Expenses derived from the Execution of a Hydrocarbons Exploration or Extraction Contract.
- Income supplement attributable to the members of a Consortium derived from the consideration of a Hydrocarbons Exploration or Extraction Contract.
Contact our team to request information about our products and services.